Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where have I been???!?!?!?!?!!

Okay, here is a little back blogging. I also have been writing on my myspace account from time to time, so this will serve as a little catch up.

Written on Monday, May 26th

Well.... we've been here a Puerto Penasco since late Saturday afternoon.

This is one beautiful place!!!! Right now I am writing in a wicker chair on our patio that overlooks the rest of the compound and I can see the ocean. It's cooler than you might expect. There's a nice breeze blowing, so if you're sunburnt I guess it's downright chilly.

I've got XM streaming, checking up on work and personal email.

We arrived about 4 or so local time on Saturday, we unloaded the truck and trailer in a flash... it helps when you have 4 people sharing the work. We got settled in and had a few drinks at a place with a patio overlooking the beach. The Mariachi's were working the tables and the breeze was so strong we went inside for dinner. The food was NOT as spicy as I thought it should be, I've honestly made better at home. I think they try to dumb it down for the tourists. We came home and CRASHED. I was so exhausted.

Yesterday Mom and I went down to the market, got some fresh seafood and did a little shopping. I got a super sexy sun burn on my left arm, and on my nose with a cool line from the monsterous sunglasses I was wearing. :) Then we came back and hit the pool with Nathaniel, pictures soon. We had fresh sea food for dinner, dug the shrimp, couldn't handle the clams, and then I hit the hay early again.

Today, I am just planning to relax, it's only 10:45 here, so we've got a full day ahead. I'm hoping that I'll be doing a lot of not-much-at-all. ;)

Tomorrow and the coming days promise to be much hotter and I'm ready for it. The place we're staying is definitely swank, I love it. I'll take some pics and post them soon.

Hope you all are doing well. I know this life is rough here, but someone's gotta do it.

No comments: